Paying Rent

Paying your rent on time should be one of your main priorities as it forms a key part of the tenancy agreement you have with St Peter’s (Saltley) Housing Association.

It is your responsibility to ensure your rent is paid, whether you pay the rent yourself, or if it is funded by someone else such as your local Housing Benefit office.

If you are having financial problems, do let us know as soon as possible so we can work together to find a solution.

We offer various ways for you to pay your rent.

Allpay Payment Card: Using a payment card you can pay your rent at any Post Office or PayPoint facility. Just hand your Allpay payment card over along with either cash, cheque or your debit card to be swiped. Your payment will be processed electronically and you will be given a receipt as proof of your payment. You should keep this receipt safe for your records.

Debit or Credit Card: You can pay at any time, day or night, 24/7 over the telephone with your debit card. Simply call 0330 041 6497 and follow the telephone instructions.

Debit card payments can also be made online through

Standing Order: Using this method your rent is paid direct to St Peter’s (Saltley) HA from your bank account. Contact the Housing Office, with your bank details including the bank’s address; sort code and account number and a member of staff will be happy to assist you in setting up a standing order.

Click here to download our guide to Paying your rent

Struggling to pay your rent?

If you are experiencing any problems in paying your rent please contact the Housing Office on 0121 327 7265 as soon as possible. We can work with you to avoid rent arrears.


Debt Advice

St Peter’s (Saltley) Housing Association is partnered with debt advice charity, Debt Support Trust, which offers free confidential advice and support.

Get in touch at or call the friendly debt team on 0800 085 0226 for help.


Help managing your money

The Debt Support Trust has created a confidential Money Manager system which allows you to record your income, expenditure, money owed and payments to debts. You can start your own Money Manager by registering on the Debt Support Trust website.

Debt Advice Agencies

For further debt advice and assistance please see Debt Advice Agencies