You can report a repair in a number of ways.
- By calling the housing office between 9am – 4pm (Monday to Friday)
- Make a report in person at the housing office
- Make a report by email or by post.
- Use the ‘Contact Us’ section on this website
When repairs are logged, they are put into three categories: Emergency, Urgent and Routine:
Emergency (24 hours)
Repairs which could affect tenant’s health, safety, security or cause serious structural damage to properties if not attended to immediately. These include:
- Plumbing repairs involving running water
- Broken glass where there is a security risk involved, (these may be made safe within 24 hours and re-glazed within 48 hours)
- Front door locks where there is a security risk
All tenants should know what to do in emergencies:
Gas: If you smell gas, turn off the gas at the mains supply and telephone National Gas Emergencies number immediately on 0800 111 999. Inform the housing office as soon as possible afterwards.
Water: If you have a burst pipe or blocked drains, or the water supply fails, contact the housing office immediately.
In the event of a severe leak – turn off the supply at the mains.
Electricity: If the electricity fails or if you receive an electric shock from any fitting, switch off the electricity at the mains and phone the housing office.
Urgent (within 7 working days): Repairs which constitute health and safety hazards but are not serious enough to be classed as an emergency. These include:
- Leaking overflows
- Hot water supply and central heating problems (classification of this repair –dependent on weather conditions & occupants of household)
- Dangerous roof tiles
Standard Routine repairs (within 28 days): All other repairs, such as:
- Front door sticking
- Minor plumbing leaks
- Repairs to floors and paths that are not hazardous
For further information on repairs and maintenance, please download the document below:
Emergency Repairs Out Of Hours
If you need to report an emergency repair outside of normal working hours (5.00pm – 9.00am, all day Saturday and Sunday and Bank Holidays) you must contact the emergency number who will identify the suitable contractor to attend your emergency.
The Out of Hours number is: 0121 633 5738