Repairs and Maintenance
Reporting repairs: You can report a repair in a number of ways.
- You can call the management office between 9am – 5pm (Monday to Thursday) and 9am – 4pm (Friday)
- You can make a report in person at the management office
- You can make a report via the post
- You can also make a report via email
If you need to report a repair outside of normal working hours (5.00pm – 9.00am, all day Saturday and Sunday and Bank Holidays) you must contact the emergency number who will identify the suitable contractor to attend your emergency.
The Out of Hours number is: 0121 633 5738
When repairs are logged, they are put into three categories: Emergency, Urgent and Routine.
Emergency 24 Hours: Repairs which could affect tenant’s health, safety, security or cause serious structural damage to properties if not attended to
- Plumbing repairs involving running water
- Broken glass where there is a security risk involved, (these may be made safe within 24 hours and re-glazed within 48 hours)
- Front door locks where there is a security risk
All tenants should know what to do in emergencies:
Gas if you smell gas, turn off the gas at the mains supply and telephone Transco immediately on 0800 111999 and inform the management office as soon as possible afterwards.
Water – If you have a burst pipe or blocked drains, or the water supply fails, contact the management office immediately.
In the event of a severe leak – turn off the supply at the mains.
Electricity – If the electricity fails or if you receive an electric shock from any fitting, turn off the electricity at the mains and phone the management office.
Urgent – within 7 working days: – repairs which could be health and safety hazards but are not serious enough to be classed as an emergency
- Leaking overflows
- Hot water supply and central heating problems
(classification of this repair –dependent on weather conditions & occupants of household)
- Dangerous roof tiles
Standard Routine repairs – within 28 days: All other repairs.
- Front door sticking
- Minor plumbing leaks
- Repairs to floors and paths that are not hazardous
For further information on repairs and maintenance, please download the document below: